Asking for help with your hearing can be difficult. If you are one of the 29 million American adults who could benefit from using a hearing aid, you might be worried about making the right decision when it comes to purchasing a hearing aid. It’s important to choose the hearing aid that’s right for you. To help, we’ve put together 5 things you never thought to ask before buying a hearing aid.
- How do I begin to choose a hearing aid - can anyone help? At Family Audiology, our hearing care professionals specialize in evaluating your hearing and treating your hearing loss. Our caring and knowledgeable team will discuss your lifestyle and your hearing needs. We have a wide variety of hearing aids available, so we’re sure to find one that fits your needs.
- Will I feel awkward wearing it? Just like the first time you wear glasses, wearing a hearing aid will take a little bit of time to adjust to. To help with the adjustment period, check out our tips to adjust to hearing aids blog.
- How much will they cost? The cost of a hearing aid varies, and may range from $1000 - $4000. The available features with the device will impact the price. The features included with the device will also affect the cost. You may be able to use an insurance policy, a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) to help with financing the purchase. Also, did you know that hearing aids are tax deductible?
- How long do the batteries last? Battery life will depend on the type of hearing aid you choose. Some hearing aids use disposable batteries that can last 5-7 days, while others will use rechargeable batteries that can hold a charge up to 24 hours. The best battery option for you will depend on your lifestyle, preference, and ability to manage small parts.
- What features/connectivity will it have? Hearing aid technology has seen fantastic advances in recent years. Not only are the devices smaller, they provide clearer sound, and offer greater connectivity capabilities. Our hearing care specialists at Family Audiology will be on hand to help determine the features that are most suitable for you.
At Family Audiology, our hearing care professionals are committed to finding the right hearing solution for you. We’d be happy to help you in finding the hearing technology that is right for you. If you’d like to discuss further, why not book an appointment? Call 607-323-4061, or book a consultation here.