Thanksgiving is just a few days away. At this time of year, we like to take the opportunity to think about what we’re grateful for in our lives. It’s a day to spend with friends and family, enjoy some of our favorite holiday dishes, and really appreciate things.
When you’re listing out everything you’re grateful for, are your hearing aids on that list? These incredible devices open up a world of communication with friends and family. We believe that hearing aids are very special indeed.
6 Reasons to be Thankful for Hearing Aids
Hearing aids are remarkable devices. Not only do they vary in style and design, they do so much more than just help to improve your hearing. Here are our top 6 reasons to be thankful for hearing aids:
- They’re high tech! The hearing devices of today are capable of more than amplifying sound. In our increasingly technology driven society, digital hearing aids can help you connect with compatible devices around you. Alarm clocks, smartphones and TV’s are just a few of the devices that your hearing aid could connect to.
- Improved communication. At our very core, we’re social beings. We seek out communication and a sense of community. Hearing loss can often make this communication challenging. Social isolation can be a side effect, with people preferring to withdraw rather than deal with the potential embarrassment of misunderstanding someone. Hearing aids can help improve communication and your confidence.
- Reduce risks of cognitive decline. Your hearing and your brain are closely connected. Untreated hearing loss has been linked to cognitive decline and an increased risk of dementia. By treating the hearing loss with hearing aids, your brain continues to receive important auditory stimulation. Learn more about the connection between untreated hearing loss and cognitive decline here.
- Improved earning potential. In 2011, the Better Hearing Institute conducted a study where they investigated the connection between an individual’s earning potential and hearing loss. Their results showed that annual earnings were up to $30,000 lower in individuals that did not get hearing aids. However, wearing hearing aids reduced this risk of lower earnings by up to 90%.
- More energy. Hearing loss can often cause listening fatigue. This can leave you feeling exhausted, even if it feels like you didn’t really do much on the day! The strain of trying to hear puts a lot of added stress on your brain, and can leave you mentally fatigued. Treating a hearing loss with hearing aids can have you feeling re-energized!
- More confidence! If you’ve been dealing with untreated hearing loss for a while, it may have rattled your confidence (don’t worry, this is normal!). Treating the hearing loss with hearing aids can renew your sense of confidence. You’ll be able to actively engage in your surroundings and communicate better with friends and family. It’s only a matter of time until your confidence skyrockets again.
Hearing aids really are life-changing investments. These are just 6 of many reasons to be thankful for hearing aids this Thanksgiving. If you suspect that you or a loved one has a hearing loss, don’t delay seeking treatment. At Family Audiology, our experienced team will be happy to offer you a complimentary hearing consultation to discuss your hearing needs. From there, we’ll be able to match your lifestyle to the hearing device that’s right for you. Don’t delay any longer, call us today on 607-323-4061. Alternatively, click here to book a consultation with us online.